Sunday, December 30, 2007

2007: Closure

This year has passed beautifully.

Friendships have strengthened considerably and I'd like to say once again, I am sincerely thankful for all the wonderful people around me cheering me on, being there for me, accepting my quirks and my flaws, being extremely patient and somehow, always knowing the remedy for worry, sadness and panic. Somehow it is extremely comforting to have such a safe circle of friends who I know will pull me out of dark waters :D

I love my parents for their understanding and for being so supportive, encouraging and showering me with so much love. I haven't really been at home for the whole holidays and I thoroughly feel bad about it. I love you both! And I really mean it!

Academic-wise, I have tried and I improved so at least something came out of that nerve-wrecking experience. I've fallen once and I wouldn't want to taste the dirt again. I've made good my promise to myself and I have not really any regrets here.

In Volleyball, I think I brought out the fighter in me. It's like a game.. of life. I've fought, cried so hard, bled, bruised, got injured and I think I only truly feel alive on the courts, playing a match. The adrenaline rush, the stark focus, sheer determination, the teamwork that is so strong within that 18 square metres it almost feels concrete and the mindwork between all the pauses in the game.. Priceless. The euphoria I felt in that particular match in U16 was truly out-of-the-world. True, we've lost more than we won, but we've always worked hard, I've always always had hope. We fight on.

I've grown up this year much more. Faced many of my fears and overcame many obstacles. I've lost a tiny bit of the optimism (to the point of self-denial?) I've had, instead replaced with pragmatism. I guess this is what "reality" does to people. But I still have a lot of hope :D

I've learnt to let go, thought the worryworms are still largely embedded in me, but I've learnt slowly, to take things as they come, to accept that some things would be better as they are.

I've became stronger in 2007, as the months passed. Much much stronger. I still largely believe in "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" theory. I think I'm not as fiery-tempered as I was in the past. I think more before I act now. Err, well mostly? :D

This year has been one good year. Though there was nothing hair-raising, nothing tremendously exciting, but this year I feel a lot more wholesome and a lot more contented and happy. At the end of the year, I count my gifts and I find I have everything I ever wanted.

And I'm truly, truly thankful and grateful for that.